SMS Send is one of the pillars of our UMS solutions and it enables the use of a range of other SMS modules in UMS.
SMS is an effective ways to reach your students, because students almost always have their phones within reach and therefore messages are read very quickly. This makes it a good alternative to e-mails, which are often left unread.
With the Send SMS module, the school can send text messages to students e.g. in case classes are cancelled or moved to a new classroom.
By using SMS, the school will reach the students through their preferred platform, ensuring that the message is read and that the student is always up-to-date.
This makes the students happier and more independent. If a student’s phone number is not registered in your system, the message will be sent as an e-mail instead.
You can design different templates for messages, which the teachers can easily modify and send out when needed. Alternatively, teachers can write their own text and send it to the relevant students or classes.
You decide whether or not the students can answer by SMS. If a student replies to an SMS sent by a teacher, the message is recived as an e-mail.
The module includes 1 pcs. 1-port IP-based SMS modem with which it is possible to subscribe to a flatrate SMS subscription. This way you can send messages to the students as often as needed at a fixed, low rate.
Options available when you have bought SMS Send
When you have bought SMS Send, you can purchase a range of other modules, which give you access to more functions. Below these add-on modules are described briefly. If you would like more information about the modules, please about them on their respective product pages.
- SMS Subscription: Makes it possible for students to subscribe a daily timetable, timetable changes, new grades and news from the school.
- SMS Alert: Makes it quick and easy for the school to notify students and staff if the school is being evacuated because of an emergency.
- SMS Password and Password Kiosk: Makes it possible for the students to reset their own password, when and where they need it.
- SMS Timetable: Makes it possible for students to receive today’s timetable via SMS. All they need to do is to send the word ‘timetable’ to the school via SMS.
- SMS Welcome: Makes it possible for the school to send out automatic welcome messages to new students, as soon as they are registered in the school’s system.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more about this module and how we can help you, please contact us or one of our resellers. You will find all contact information on the Contact page.